The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2014, 06:24 PM   #1
ryanroo

batteries

I am in the process of tossing more money in the bottomless pit of electical fun. today's wallet burner included some power cable, and that led me to wonder about batteries.

the truck is a 12v. i have space for 2 group 34 batteries. they will be responsible for cranking the cummins, grid heaters and a 12k lb capacity warn as the main heavy loads.

i am currently(no pun, well maybe) considering Deka intimidator, and the Odyessy performance series. the Odyessy offers a better CCA and a bigger price tag. i dont have any personal experience with these. i do have a Deka in my yellow truck that has performed very well for me, but it is a bit of a different animal than my project truck.

so, what does everyone have to say? experience with either of the listed units, or favorites that perform well for you? i will not be running optimas. i am open to opinions on other brands, but i am looking for an AGM battery.

Thanks!

ryanroo is offline   Reply With Quote