The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #1
MjrBummer

1967 Checy C50 Skewlie

Hi everybody,

I'm hoping I found the right place to be looking for answers. This is my first post, and after doing a bit of searching and surfing the forums here, it all looks good so far.

I recently bought my Dad's old 1967 Chevy C50 Schoolie. He's had it for almost 40 years since the bus was about 8 years old. Its powered by a 327. A 1965 if my Dad remembers correctly. Seems to still run fairy well, though I'm sure it could use some fresh plugs, wires, etc. Just under 27,000 actual miles on the bus.

I see it still has all but one of the original tires on it. After about 48 years, I'm sure they could look worse, but I still don't trust them for a long haul. It has 8.25/20 tires on it now. I'd like to get away from the bias ply tires and go with some tubeless radials for less rotating mass and better handling. I see some people are suggesting 22" or 22.5" wheels. I'm not finding a whole lot on what vehicles I might be able to find those size wheels on though. Has anybody here upgraded to more modern and easier to find radials in those sizes? Anybody have any other ideas? I seen here somewhere that somebody had found someplace to get blank aluminum wheels for a decent price, but I'm a bit concerned that the would be too thick and my wheel studs would be too short.

I'm also looking for a couple front fenders if anybody knows a good source for those.

I took some measurements a couple weeks ago, but now I cant find my notes. I guess I'll have to go do it again this weekend.

Well, I hope you guys will be able to point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Bill
Attached Images

Last edited by MjrBummer; 12-22-2014 at 09:07 PM.
MjrBummer is offline   Reply With Quote