The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-26-2014, 12:08 AM   #1
JQ-72

Just found a 1967 swb survivor!

Here's my latest project! 1967 swb small window Custom with 250 L6 and Powerglide. I bought it from the son of the family who've owned it since 1970. Here's what he told me - his father bought off a local Chevrolet dealership in 1970 and drove it until his death in the mid-1980's. The truck was driven occasionally by the family until "something happened to the motor". It was parked and sat for the last 20 years. Odometer reading is 63,000 original miles. I hauled it home and have just started tinkering with it. After a tune up, I got her to start up but she barely ran. After some investigation, I found a hole in the radiator and the cooling system was completly dry! I'm thinking it overheated and did some damage to the head. The engine was removed and dissassembled. The bottom end looked great, but I'll re-ring it while it's out. All engine parts are at machine shop now.

Being a '72 enthusiast, I've been having to do some reasearch on 67's and will probably have questions soon to follow. I just learned that GM offered 4 interior colors for the new 67's. This one has the medium green poly. I thought the truck had been repainted with a non-original color when I saw this interior matched up with a dark green exterior, but I guess it's right. What about a dash pad? I need a new one, but are they available aftermarket in a regular green color as opposed to olive green?

Here's pictures of it where I found it in a barn and loaded up with the Longhorn. I'll post more soon of the progress so far.

Joshua
Attached Images

72 Cheyenne Super K-10. 350/4 spd., posi.
72 Suburban 350/350 tilt, tach, AM/FM, A/C, luggage rack
72 GMC Sierra lwb. 350/350, A/C. medium green/olive interior
JQ-72 is online now   Reply With Quote