The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2004, 02:31 PM   #1
WRMZ71
Cause the Chicks DIG IT!!

Unhappy What a weekend!!!

Well I knew i was getting myself into it this weekend when I'd be putting on my first set of rocker panels. I'd never done bodywork before but I was doing it at a college and had a guy with a lot of knowledge helping me out. Problem was after I took off the outer rocker the inner rocker panel towards the back of the cab was crustified and rotted. so I spent the next 6 hours cutting and welding and grinding and cutting.....well you get the point. Well my time limit ran out up at the shop and we had to leave but I didn't have the rocker panel in yet and the door was still off. I tried putting the door on but I couldn't get the dang thing lined up so I said what the hell it's nice today and it's only 20 miles to my house so I'll just drive with no door. Got some funny looks going down the highway for sure with no door. Well got home and went to a buddies house that had a welder and finished putting on the outer rocker and then was finally able to get the door put on so went home got showered up had a beer at a buddies house then went to bed. WEll then I woke up at about 1:30 in the morn and can't see a damn thing. It felt like i had something in my eye I tried flushing it out with water and then eye drops but it wasn't working so off to the ER I go. I got up there and the wife told em i had been welding so they automatically assume i burn my eyes. So they give me some eye drops to kill the pain and then they gave me a shot of morphine in my rearend that stuff works good mind you. well I got 2 days off of work now which is good but then again i jacked up my eyes. Well I hope everybodies weekend went a little smoother than mine have a good week ladies and gents ps sorry for the long post
WRMZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote