The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #1
C10forDad

Project C10 for Dad

It seems that as life goes on we sometimes loose track of those early childhood dreams. For me, it was completely restoring a vehicle from the ground up with my Dad. We used to talk for hours in the garage about what we could do as he worked on other people's cars to make a little more money for the family. It was a time when anything was possible and thoughts flowed easily. I learned a lot about the maintaining a vehicle, rebuilding motors, and some body work.

As the years went on less and less was spoken about a future project, but there was still a spark of interest left when I would could come back from college in the summer. One summer, I learned that the motor that we always spoke about rebuilding but never had a place for was sold. I knew then that the years he spent as a machinist had truly caught up with him and he wanted easier hobbies.

Metal detecting became his new obsession and would spend hours perfecting his method. He even got me interested in the hobby. Around 2008, he had begun loosing weight and we thought it was just the extra exercise he was receiving. By late 2012 it was apparent that it was something else when he began experiencing other symptoms. The same year that he was to retire, his doctors diagnosed him with stage 4 renal cancer that had spread to his prostate.

My Dad, Cash William Saville, passed away the Sunday before Thanksgiving of 2013 due to complications related his treatment.
Attached Images

C10forDad is offline   Reply With Quote