The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-01-2015, 05:43 AM   #1
ScottieB

ScottieB's 69' c10 in Gatesville, Texas

Hey guys, I bought this truck about a year ago and then I got a drive train for it from a 79' Corvette - 383 stroker with a built th400 - from oil pan to carburetor was included, but not the front accessories or exhaust.

I'm still debating on getting a th700r4 for it though... As I don't really plan on racing it. I'd like the gas mileage boost when in OD.

So I had the enjoyment of hunting down a working set of pulleys and brackets etc from the junk yard that would work with what I want to do.

So, I got the truck up and running - then it wouldn't stop very well ... replaced the whole brake system and added in a brake booster and got some 20" wheels to put on it.

So it brakes, great!

Well ... then it had issues getting above 40 mph w/o wobbling all over the place! I had the enjoyment of replacing tie rods, pitman arm, the idler arm, and all 4 ball joints, then had the truck aligned (with shims, which the shop hated).

I then had to hunt down a power steering bracket and pump and hoses and install those onto the truck. I had to modify it for my headers, but it works ... for now.

The engine leaks, so now I'm going to pull it, strip the paint and repaint, then reseal the engine and stick it back in - but while it's out, i'm going to paint the headers and the inside of the engine bay, then rewire it with an EZWire kit.

I have some rocker panels and floor pans on order, a chrome instrument panel with all working instruments, glove box, glove box handle and lock, fan switch, grill, and a few other things that need replaced / installed.

So... one thing at a time!

I need to replace the heater core because it's cold out - I don't know if it's good or bad, but at $25 ... i'd rather have peace of mind.

My album:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/a...p?albumid=2092

Build Thread:
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=654751

Last edited by ScottieB; 01-01-2015 at 03:17 PM.
ScottieB is offline   Reply With Quote