The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
BrianG

Fender question

I need some help with a fender question. After getting my truck back from the body shop this fall, something didn't quite look right on the fenders. We ended up using aftermarket, which I wasn't really all that excited about, but there were some issues with my originals and things were starting to get sketchy at the body shop (different story for a different time). The part that 'most' looks off to me with these fenders is right behind the wheel. Instead of following the creased body line from the door, the fender bowed in toward the center of the truck significantly along this body line. The line stays parallel to the ground, but bows inward. I was able to get a good amount of this bow out by playing around with and cleaning up some obstructions with the bottom fender mount, but the fender still bows in some where around a quarter of an inch. I have tried to take a picture, but by myself if just didn't turn out. the truck is black and you just couldn't really see what I'm trying to explain. So, could some of you please try taking a look and see if your fenders do this. All I did is put a straight edge along the lower body line in the door. What I want to know is, does the fender stay along this straight edge, or does it bow in slightly toward the center of the truck, and if so, by about how much. I'd love to see a couple of examples, maybe original and aftermarket fenders.... If it shouldn't bow in, I'd also love to hear any idea about how to fix this problem.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote