The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2015, 06:54 PM   #1
71proj

2004R Help

I have been thinking about this swap for a while (current tranny is a TH350). I have read every thread (I could find) and followed up on most of the ext. links…this site has a wealth of information and some very helpful members.

Recently, I stumbled across a 2004R with a good calibration code and the stock converter (2200-2400) and picked it up. So now I am trying to get all my ducks in a row before I start and will follow some members recommendations…drain plug and temperature port.

My question is…does anyone have specific information on connecting the TV cable to the 2bbl Rochester carb (engine is a stock 307 with the stock 2 bbl)? Not the bracket for the TV cable, Monster Transmission offers a generic bracket that should work.

I was looking for some help with the actual connection to the carburetor linkage. The image below shows some specific distances that “need” to be respected.

Does anyone know if something is already out there for this carb (linkage adaptors are available for other carbs) or if I will need to swap out/customize a linkage from a junkyard donor?

Thanks for any info/help
71proj is offline   Reply With Quote