The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > The 1973 - 1991 Blazers, Jimmys, and Suburbans Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2015, 04:16 PM   #1
Smogmonster

91 burb parts interchange and swaps advice

hi all this is my first post and hopefully i can return then help.

i need some advice. i have a 91 burb 4x4 and i need to fix a leaky steering box
i also have a 78 c20 2x4 i was going to use or part out or sell
it has a recent steering box but can i make it work on my 91?

i prefer the look of 70,s trucks front ends can i swap in the front bodywork from one to my 91? i may just get another earlier burb but i allready got a lot of work in mine

i currently have a semi floating 14 rear axle with 410 ratio i would prefer something taller maybe 3.73 or 3.5 for highway use. my 78 c20 has a ff 14 with a recent locker and 3.73 ratio BUT is it easier to just swap in a complete axle
or swap in some gears from a parts truck? i realize my 91 is 4x4 so the front would also need doing and the same question applies.
i would use my 78 axle but i might sell the truck or the axle and imo its too heavy for my intended use.

i have the factory inverted front stock 2 leaf springs that i think are in need of a boost
can i flip the main or both springs upside down to gain some lift? maybe add a rear leaf? which way up? its not that i want it in the air i just think theyre worn out or overloaded and i dont like the way it bottoms out sometimes allthough on the freeway it drives nice.

i was offered some pro comp 13411 front 4 inch lift springs i could use as the truck is sagging anyway so i thought it may just add 2 inches? or maybe remove a leaf? i dont need or want it in the air too much or too stiff or to waste money and i am concerned it will be a dominoe effect and il also then need different steering or extra other parts ? $$$

i also have a spare good set of rear c20 hd springs i thought i could addapt but i think it gets a bit long winded to do that moving hangers etc? and just gives u flex which is useless for me for highway use

sorry for all the q,s but thats why im here

polite usefull replies welcome

thankyou
Smogmonster is offline   Reply With Quote