The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-27-2004, 08:46 PM   #1
78' Silverado
\/ My Loves \/

Got some Estimates done and the Adjuster Came!

Well....I went today to get some Estimates done. Went to 2 Different Body Shops. Wallum's Said 5,619.86 in damages. Mind u they will be useing GM replacment parts that re way over priced lol. Flores Body shop gave me 2 Estimates; 1. Was 3663.22 thats with everying including paint and labor and trim molding w/ a new Bedside Panel. 2. Was with an entire new Bed assembly w/ paint and labor and trim and all that came out to 4384.37. The adjuster asked if i had already gotten any estimates I said no. He took a few pics make it pretty clear that it was a good truck and shortbeds now a days were hard to find in the 70's. He didnt kno the value of the truck so I showed him the NADA Value I printed for him. HE told me hes never seen one go for 6-7k. I said....are those stock trucks. I though so. then he kept saying he knew where to find trucks like mine with clsoe tothe same color. I was like...u can total it lol...But I am keeping it either way..the paint job alone is worth more than my soul HAHA :P Anyways, he took a few pics....said a few words. And said they would have an estimate for me tommorow. Told him about all the work I did....the new 350 and Turbo400 it has. Took a pic of the inside which i made very clear was totally restored. I kno for a fact that this truck is worth more than 3500-4500. BUt we'll just have to see wat happens tommorow. I really hope it works out. I will really on edge if I dont get enough to fix it. And I mean really on edge! To him its jsut and old truck to people like Me and you its alot more than that. So wish em luck on the quote guys

383 Stroker in progress for the 78'!!!
78' Silverado is offline   Reply With Quote