The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-22-2015, 10:48 PM   #1
Jaysonb

1980 k10 drive line parts. 1 year only????

My truck is an 80, but the frame and running gear are 79. My np203 is toast, so I got a np205, and drive shafts out of a 80 parts truck I have. While I am waiting for the rest of the parts to rebuild the np205, I am cleaning and painting everything. I worked on the rear drive shaft tonight, went to the parts store to get new u joints, and they tell me they are both the same size, well I had just pounded the old ones out, and the u joint at the slip yoke is bigger than the one at the axle. Every where I look online says they should be the same! The front driveshaft from the parts truck is shot, so I look that up, same drive shaft listed as the one I just bought for the 79 with the np203, but the one off the parts truck is at least a few inches shorter!!!! This 80 parts truck is bone stock, I just can't believe that I'm having such a hard time finding the right parts for it.
Jaysonb is offline   Reply With Quote