The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2015, 07:59 PM   #20
Coronadj

Re: 69 C10 Prerunner project

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTI View Post
I would avoid that company & all of it's alter egos (Ratical, aka AIM, aka Chassis Tech, aka AirBaggit.com, & now Fire Bird Industrial). Ever wonder why a company requires so many name changes over the years??

I would do a kit like this for the front....

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-suspe...kit-231n2.html

Lift spindles will help keep steering geometry in check & shouldn't require a cobbled spring + spacer or super stout tall spring to raise the truck. These kits are adaptable w/some parts swapping which can be done w/used parts that help keep within a budget.

To adapt 88-up spindles, you need....

C20 lower a-arms (the 88-98 1/2 ton lower BJ fits the 6X-87 C20 lower arms).
88-98 upper BJ to the factory arms (bolt-in swap).
88-98 brakes (rotors, calipers, hoses).

Then it's just a matter of adapting the tie-rods to the spindles. Read more about it here....

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=447061

For the rear, some bolt-on spring spacers could be utilized/fabbed. This (the spacer method) would be acceptable in a rear coil suspension application since the spring physically bolts in @ each end (vs a spacer & spring just getting stacked on top of each other in the front).

My buddys son want's a 'pre-runner' looking 68. This was my suggested approach to him as it should maintain a fairly stock ride quality.

Thanks man for the help yeah I might just do that and for the rear put coil spacers.
Coronadj is offline   Reply With Quote