The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-28-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
Ben5959

Bed help - original wood bed???

I've had my '66 for about a month and a half now. And lemme tell you, love at first sight.

Now all niceties aside, I'm fixin the old gal up, I call her cherry, as in cherry valence.

Next project is the bed, it's a black painted bed in decent shape, but not great, couple of rotten spots. Likely a lot of it could be sanded and repainted and put back on. My dilemma is I'd like to keep her as stock as possible , but also in good looking and running shape, a fine line to walk sometimes.

Research, and the guys here, tell me that the original bed would have been black (which mine is) and have an identifying stamp on it somewhere that would prove its original. If I can't confirm its original, I'll rip it all out and put in something sexy, however if it is original I'll try to sand and restore and doctor it back to better visual condition.

A lot of explanation to ask my original question " where in the hell would the original markings be to identify it as factory original?"

I've looked all over and can't find anything, which leads me to believe that it's not original. Any help is much appreciated.
Ben5959 is offline   Reply With Quote