The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-29-2015, 12:15 AM   #1
jimmyjammoto

New '65 LWB!

Just got her home. Kinda excited about this one! LWB fleetside, 292, 3 spd manual, not many options but not worried about it.

It was a one-family owned truck bought in Dallas, sold to a son-in-law, then loaned to a brother who drove it periodically. Was told the rear-end was locked up one day, so it was set on blocks and left. This was 1998-ish. I released the parking brake while loading her, and the wheels rolled just fine. I'm thinking they set the brake and forgot about this simple fact after not driving for it a while. Crossing my toes I dodged a bullet there. I have an extra rear end if not. I won't know more about it until the weekend when I can tear into it.

I'd like to get her running and just enjoy it, but the tinkerer in me can't leave the rust alone. Initial inspections show only rust in the upper left eyebrow above windshield and corresponding pillar ( I can see that mouse nest through the hole LOL), kick panels and some floor pan inboard of them, and some small pinholes in the cab corners and doors as well as a small bit of the tailgate. Its a shame because the paint is original and will clean up nice with a little work.

Paid $850 for the ugly girl, camper shell included haha! That thing kept the bed from rusting out I'm sure.

Sorry for the taken-at-night phone pics..
Attached Images

Last edited by jimmyjammoto; 01-29-2015 at 12:27 AM.
jimmyjammoto is offline   Reply With Quote