The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-31-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
83swb

Power Steering. I'm at a loss.

Recently re-assembled my truck (84 C10, SBC). When I first ran the truck with the accessory drive assembled the power steering pump was making an intermittent screech/whine that was only really noticeable at low rpm.

So I bought a new pump to fit an 84' C10 with a 350, it didn't work with my current bracket, the pump itself was clocked differently in the reservoir. This is how the 84 pump was clocked:

So after some research at the local (reliable) parts house I found a pump that was clocked to match the pump out of the truck. Here's the catch, it was listed to fit a 78' C10. The pump worked perfectly with the bracket and mounted up correctly BUT the pressure line has the wrong fitting for the pump, the line on the truck has some wild flare with an o-ring and the new pump looks as if it takes just a plain old flare. The 78' pump:

From the research I've done it seems that two different style hoses were used between 73'-87', basic flared and this **** I'm stuck with. I'm having a hard time finding what I need. Help?
83swb is offline   Reply With Quote