The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2015, 12:47 AM   #1
Big Daddy Bear

Hello, new to the AD series trucks.

Hi All,

I am new to the AD series of Chevy trucks, and in the last week I have picked-up a new project. I picked up a 1950 three-window 3600 series, very rust free, with all the body parts except front bumper and no motor or tranny.

This was an Eastern Washington and before that California truck and is very solid, especially compared to the 1952 five-window 3100 series cab and nose I also got.

Been reading through the various threads on frame swaps and see that most are geared towards the short bed styles and seems the way to go there is the single cab, longbed S-10. What about the longer 125 1/4" wheelbase 3/4 tons? Do you just shorten or replace the bed?

The frame it is sitting on currently is factory from firewall back, and has a later 70-80's series truck clip welded on. The weld job was not done by myself or the fellow I purchased the truck from, and to be honest, I would not trust it as it is. So something needs to be done.

Anyway, enjoying reading through and seeing all the pictures and progress. Thanks for allowing to join and hope to have something to show over the next few months.
Attached Images

Last edited by Big Daddy Bear; 02-02-2015 at 12:54 AM. Reason: Correction
Big Daddy Bear is offline   Reply With Quote