The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2015, 10:59 PM   #1
dinosaurdoctor

'48 3600 engine swap 216 to 250 Cu. In.

Hi guys and gals. I am new to the forum and knee deep in a 48 chevy 5 window deluxe 3/4 ton project truck. I will post pic's as I get them but for now I am replacing the 216 with a 250 out of a 68 chevy half ton. The 216 was literally run to death with a hole in the #1 cylinder. I was lucky and found a running 250 six with a good granny first trans for $350.00.
Now I get to pull the 216 and make the 250 sit and make power. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to get rid of the torque tube running from the back of the trans to the support bearing on the driveshaft as well as any ideas on a factory motor mount setup ? I know I will be visiting the local wrecking yard but I would really like to know what I am looking for. I know I will have to get the crossmember for the engine to bolt up, But the difference in the trans lengths may be an issue so I hope someone has done this already. Your input is appreciated, Many thanks, Wayne
dinosaurdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote