The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2015, 11:55 PM   #1
Pville72Cheyenne

1947 Gmc 1 ton? and 1963 Gmc pickup

Well guys I currently purchased a 1963 Gmc pickup for one hell of a steal. Been passing by the truck sitting in a pasture for nearly 15 years now and finally decided to stop and ask about it. Long story short I bought the 63' but was also informed by the owner that her deceased father had also owned another truck that was stored in the barn. We preceded to the barn, and there I found a (what I believe to be) 1947 Gmc 1 ton flatbed. The truck looked to be in great condition and even had the keys in the ignition. Anyways I have no knowledge of this 47' and would really appreciate any insight you guys could give me regarding what its worth, model, motor/tranny...I have a few decent pictures but the truck was in a tight spot. I am picking up the 63' Sunday and was planning to make an offer on the 47' and bringing both trucks home. Can't stand to just see them rot away. Thanks in advance for any knowledge you can provide me with.

Pville72Cheyenne is offline   Reply With Quote