The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-2015, 08:58 PM   #1
Marte_Mcfly

1953 Chevy AD rear end swap advice/help

Hey guys,
First of all, thank all of you who have the patience and dedication to give the tons of advice and post all of your progress. You all are a great inspiration and help along this journey. So here is the deal, I've been studying this site along with a few others for some time, figuring out what kind of build I want to do and with that what things I need to get to make it happen. As the title says, I'm trying to find the right rear end and I'm having trouble. Of all the rears (camaro, Nova, G-body, 4X4 S10, Explorer ect) I am wanting to go Explorer because of the gearing/posi/disc brake it comes with. Only problem with that is the bolt pattern doesn't match the 5X4.75 Chevy pattern i already bought for my mustang II IFS. ALL THAT TO ASK THIS... I was reading a post and someone eluded that an Explorer rear could be re-drilled for the Chevy bolt pattern. Is it true? How would I go about doing this or getting it done if so? Any help is much appreciated. Are there any other rear ends that come with disk brakes for my application? I know about the kits. Mid 90's Blazer rear ends do, but although people say they fit, I don't see how by my measurements.
Marte_Mcfly is offline   Reply With Quote