The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2015, 07:42 PM   #1
70'

Little disappointed with the Skyjacker spring coating

I recently received my lift from skyjacker, I am disappointed with a few things. First, is the fact that they don't ship the springs in any type of packaging. They simply zip tied a UPS label to each spring and shipped it that way, so as you might image by the time I received them, they looked like they had been dragged behind s truck for 4000 miles, and the paint is all scratched up. Now, before you start busting my balls about it being for a truck, please understand that I have completely stripped my truck to the frame and am doing a restore on it which be between a show truck and a very infrequent driver when finished. I have heard that you don't want to sandblast springs because it can cause heat distortion. Is that true? The springs are definitely going to need to be recoated, but I don't want to ruin a brand new $1600 lift kit trying to fix the paint. Really a shame that a guy has to repaint a brand new set of springs. Thanks for any suggestions.
70' is offline   Reply With Quote