The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-17-2015, 04:03 PM   #11
Harpie

Re: Harpie's 71 SWB 5.3LS build

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdavis View Post
The transmission cooler. I guess the cooler don't need the lines to the radiator? I ran lines to the radiator, but just don't like the way they look. Will this cooler you are using be enough for a th400? I could change and make mine the same as yours. just thinking out loud. and another thing did you install a cross pipe to connect both exhaust pipes together. Someone said something about equalizing the back pressure of the engine. I am about to start with my exhaust, Trying to get all the information I can.
I used a heat sink style cooler instead of utilizing the cooler in the radiator. I didn't like how the lines looked and wanted to keep everything nice and neat. And yes I am running the 4L80E and the cooler will be plenty and should be fine for the 400 as well. You can get them in different lengths I like the double pass instead of the ones where it just flows in one end and out of the other.
Harpie is offline   Reply With Quote