The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2015, 05:22 PM   #1
Jasons65

408 swap in my 65, some top end questions

Hi all, I was going to put a bone stock 6.0 lq4 in my truck but the motor I got looks like it has one cylinder producing much less compression than the others and has 180k miles on it. Rather than spend the extra money to rebuild it I already have a 408 lq4 with fully forged internals at my machine shop I was building for my nova. This motor was going to get ls3 heads but if I put it in my truck I would need to keep a truck intake to reuse my truck accessories so I figured I could have my lq4 heads ported and polished, put a daily driver cam in it and run the fast lsxrt intake so I'm not wasting the potential of the bottom end .

The truck will be my sole daily driver so driveability is my biggest concern, I do want some power but I would like to get some gas mileage out of it. The motor will be backed by a 4l80e, 3.42 gears and a 28.45" tall tires, the exhaust will probably be Doug Thorley headers and a 2.5" exhaust with either an x or h pipe. At least if I ever get bored the motor is set up to handle boost lol.

Just curious what you guys think, any advice is greatly appreciated, I at least have a full wiring harness, accessories and brains for the lq4 and trans.