The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
Longhorn Man
its all about the +6 inches

Question Cab repair panels

Income tax returns are coming up prety soon, and with that, brings truck money.

I have some questions for anyone who has done the patch panel deal.
1. Best prices...who has them? I was looking in my referance book (LMC...never buy from them, just use the pictures) and I see I am over 100 bucks already, can anyone knock that price down by much? (I'll try to look on the vendor's sites this evening, but if some one can tell me exactly where to go...)

2. Whats the deal with the 'slip on' cab supports? Are they any good, or a half ass fix? (They are 1/2 the price is why I ask)

I am looking at 2 cab corners, 2 inner rockers, 2 outer rockers, and if memory serves, (been a while since I looked under my extra cab) all cab supports. It may just be 2 of them...but I'm planning on the worst. The floors are in pretty decent shape with just a small hole on the drivers side at the front of the door.
I plan on coating everything from the floor boards down with POR 15, both inside and out. I have been toying with coating the back side of all the panels too like the doors, fenders and bed. (I get the stuff pretty cheap)

Looks like my cheap quickie paint job is snow balling like a mo-fo.
Longhorn Man is offline   Reply With Quote