The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-01-2004, 10:58 PM   #1
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Angry Need Help before I kill it!! OT some

Trying to get an electronic choke working on the 250Ci 6 in my 82. It has the 2 bbl Rochester E2SE, my friend calls it the Japanese rochester. I've ben trying to get the electronic choke to work correctly to make the daughter's life a bit easier. I'm waiting on my third choke to try. It appears when the coil heats up (makes the spring tighten) it is turning the wrong way and forces it to stay closed. It's not pulling back the pull off. I'ver matched the carb numbers (Carb# 17082482) at NAPA and they say the one I had is was the book says goes for the carb. When we rebuilt the carb, we didn't pull the lever that the choke coil hooks into off, so it is factory position.

I am very confused and wondering if any of you folks ran across something like this or give some idea to figure it out.

The lever at rest is pointing at about 11 Oclock and needs to turn towards 9 oclock to have the choke fully open. The last choke had the range when it heated and cooled, just went in the wrong direction.

I'm waiting on another choke from a different parts outlet to see if that might be the case, but I have a hunch there is something I missing.

Thanks all.

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote