The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #1
HBdirtbag

New Member: Calling Bagged Subs/Panels and anyone running 20's (tire Q)

Hey Guys,

Finally ready to start completely redo'ing my chopped '55 suburban I started 20 years ago and finished about 15. Looking to bag it, new wheels, new interior for now...then will go to the motor again and do a turbo LS most likely. Most of the things I wish I had done by the time I was done with the project, but just weren't happening when we started in '95.

Have a few questions:

1. Any bagged sub/panel guys here who can show me how you did the back floorboard when completed? One thing I can't lose is back seat space and that's a concern of mine. This thing has two kids seats in it at all times for my 2 and 4 year old (this is the car I got to keep when the kids came)....and my wife uses it for grocery store runs, etc so I can't lose a ton of space.

2. Looking to go 18's upfront and 20's or 22's (most likely 20's) in the rear. The car is tubbed so I can get quite wide but don't want a super low profile sidewall. When we first built it, it was on if I remember 305/50r17's (which they no longer make, so i'm stuck on 285/60's).

But I wanted tos ee if anyone is running a 305/45r20 and could show pics, or a 315/35r20.