The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2015, 09:17 AM   #1
gcates

Newbie question

Hello all. This is my very first post and about my very first classic truck. I just bought a '65 C10 with a 3 on the tree. My question is in regards to the gear shift/turn signal/steering column. I'm finding that my blinkers don't work correctly, which I know is a common problem. It seemed as I was driving that I had to hold the switch down all the way, particularly to the left to have the light blink inside the cab. So I did this not knowing that I wasn't blinking in the back, only the front. That's the smaller issue. Whenever I it hold down that way, I can see the gear shift move and it ends up moving so much that I can't change gears without playing with it, which as you can imagine is tough to do during a turn. When I finally get it back in gear I can see the turn switch move back. They are pulling on one another. It's gotten to be where I don't even use my turn signal because I don't really know if it's blinking back there or not, and it keeps me from having to get switched up during a turn. I want to try and work on this truck my self if I can, it's part of the fun for me. But I don't have a lot of experience. I am a quick learner however. Any help would be appreciated!! Oh, and here's a quick pic.

Name:  '65.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  44.8 KB
gcates is offline   Reply With Quote