The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-17-2015, 04:42 PM   #1
Michel

Front engine mount rubbers replacement

Hi friends !

A friend of mine has just warn me to replace the front engine mounts rubbers as they are now starting to perish. I had not noticed until he shown me that the engine is no more secured tightly.
I have searched for replacement bushes (rubber) and found a set of them I need to order and wait for delivery, and I have studied the repair manual carefully. But, I have a doubt concerning the replacement steps as in the shop manual, they say to lift the engine enough to remove the bushes but it seems to me that I will need to lift the engine a lot and I am not sure that I have enought space to remove those bushes. More specially with the transmission.
Does anybody already replaced these bush as maintenance (as described in the shop manual) and can confirm me that it is possible.

Thank you again for all your help.

Michel