The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > Heavy Haulers

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #1
South Florida C50

Finally caught a Brake on the old C 50

Just got home and showered up from my weekly 200 mile pilgrimage to Fort Pierce and back. Today was a good day, I drove up this morning at the butt crack of dawn to start wrenching on my trucks brakes, only to my pleasant surprise, they had just been done by the previous owner. $$$ the pads were so new that you could still see the gold on the rivets holding them on. The heavy drums have barely even been turned down and there were no bad gouges or scrapes. The wheel bearings and grease seals all looked brand new also. I truly expected to find every wheel cylinder leaking, the pads worn down to the rivets, and the drums scared beyond repair. I was so happy to see all the wheels were in great shape. I loaded the drums on to my trailer and hauled them back so I can sand blast them and repaint them. I had some extra daylight to burn today not having to spend the whole day on the brakes so I decided to install a new set of front shocks and swap out some air brake hoses that were pretty worn. I been driving 100 miles each way once a week for almost 4 months now and today was the easiest day the old C 50 has given me since I bought her.
Attached Images

South Florida C50 is offline   Reply With Quote