The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-23-2015, 08:13 PM   #1
diggerbob

Patina...

I am getting a little whizzed off about all the "patina" lovers on this board. Before I started restoring my orange 1970 some 15 year ago, she was chock full of patina. There wasn't a place on her where the paint wasn't thin. The cab had running lights added on top when I bought her and I guess they must have leaked because the inside of the roof had tons of rust around the windshield. If saw the bump in the road ahead, I soon conditioned myself to keep my eyes almost closed so that rust wouldn't get in my eyes. I bought her to pull a bass boat and she did just fine when she was a rust bucket. If I had known that patina would soon be so much in style, I would've tried to preserve her in that state rather then replace the cab and doors and then spend a jillion dollars to strip her down to bare metal, weld in patch panels, prime/block and repaint her. I finally got her done but now I can't haul anything in her for fear of scratching her precious paint job. I would never dare to leave her parked at a boat ramp for fear that someone would steal her. I sure do miss my old orange "patina" truck.
diggerbob is offline   Reply With Quote