The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #22
Mr.Hyde

Re: Mr. Hyde's Ride

So there I was staring the devil in the eye. The 12 circuit ezwiring harness arrived and I opened it up to see it was well organized and plenty of length to wire the truck.

I followed the instructions and sat down looking for a place to mount the fuse box. I decided to use the firewall in the cab beside the opening for the old fuse block so the block of plate I made can be used to run the wire through with the provided grommet and keep it organized and have plenty of slack. The fuse box had 2 cheapy tabs on the back and I wasn't going to start drilling and hoping considering they are staggered, so i snapped them off and drill two holes in the base of the block. this ended up working really well and save me some foot room.

So I started to run and separate the wires from the front light section from the engine and charging system. Here you can see the plate I made to act as a block off plate and wire route. I spent maybe 2 hours just planning and routing and zip tying and taping to keep organized.

So after I decided the wires were routed the way I want I started looming the larger sections of wire together. I opted to use a braided style loom keeping the wires tight and clean looking, aswell if I so wish i can run snap loom on top for added protection.

One thing I noticed is that all that cleanliness has gone out the window for now my interior looks like a dump and it was look so nice...

So I did the same with the interior wiring that will be running to the rear I havent totally decided where and how I am going to run the rear lighting I was thinking either through the cab corner and run it inside the rocker but not sure if this will prevent me getting a safety, or I will run it out and down the fire wall towards the rear.

This is where my write up ends for now it will continue as I go with pictures.

Member of tailgate association of manitoba
Mr.Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote