The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2015, 12:58 PM   #1
Pastorgaddie

Throttle Linkage help needed 68 C10

OK, so I am desperately seeking a way to get my truck on the road. My son and I finished a good warm over of a 350 for my 68 Short Wide. Have fired it up, done a minor break-in, filled all fluids, checked all fluids, even changed the oil from break-in. Running with uncorked headers it sounds like a beast. So whats the problem? I got no throttle linkage to get it on the road and see how much smoke this thing will produce at full throttle. The hard plastic firewall mount for the stock linkage broke when we were removing it to pull the old motor. Have no idea where to get a replacement. But, I would rather swap to cable. And that is due to a couple of reasons. Prefer the cable, and I am worried that the original linkage will be put in a pretty good bind with the high rise single plane intake and spacer plate that are under the carburetor. I have spent hours on the forum looking for the answer. And, as much as I love reading the forum and how guys have solved issues, I want to get this truck on the road. I know of the post from Scotts Rods for the Lokar set up a couple years back (yes I have gone that far back on the forum) but I would rather not have to spend that much. I know that LDF was making a bracket at one time, and I even ordered it way back before we had the new engine back in the truck. But I got a refund and notification that they were on back order. What is the quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to swap to cable for throttle linkage? Please help me get this beast on the road!!
Pastorgaddie is offline   Reply With Quote