The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Racing and high performance (trucks haulin more than hay)

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2015, 04:21 PM   #15
BULLITT65

Re: Front suspension for street/drag

Hey I really like where this idea is heading. I have a 64 C/10 short/fleet, and have been looking at numerous front end bolt in kits from no limit, scotts, Heidts, and besides being a bit bulky (heavy) are very pricey . Just to crunch some numbers the lightest weighed in at 196lbs, a bolt in that is hub to hub (disc) with manual rack and Qa1 coil overs on Mustang II spindles.

I agree with super 73 on the Mustang II spindle, seems like they get regular abuse from other segments and continue to perform. I only mention this because of the weight vs strength argument. I also think some tube steel cross member or chromoly cross member may shave weight if engineered and done right.

I am in Temecula just up the road from you guys, if your looking for a sample truck for test fitting and test driving, I can drive the 15 minutes to you when your ready!
BULLITT65 is offline   Reply With Quote