The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
62step

Question with power steering lines..

Ok, so I have a 62 with the 5 lug conversion front cross member and power steering. I'm putting a 350 in it, but what power steering pump for the motor should I use? I have the cvf racing brackets and pulleys for the motor, so should I use their power steering pump?

What power steering lines will route to the correct position on my truck? (what year, what truck, etc.)

I did not install the front crossmember or the rear, so I'm not sure what exactly it came from.. He said a 70's, so..

Also, I was looking at the front where the xmember mounts to the frame, there are 4 bolt holes, (in between the frame, looks like they mount to the crossmember, but they are mis aligned). I'm supposed to put bolts through those correct? AND weld the corssmember to the frame, or do I not need to weld it?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm just trying to piece everything together so I can start working on it and figuring everything out.

Here are the pictures of the frame inside the engine bay..
Attached Images

Last edited by 62step; 04-10-2015 at 09:26 AM.
62step is offline   Reply With Quote