The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-19-2015, 08:56 PM   #10
cooperhw

Re: Meet Homer (the motor home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj383ss View Post
Wow what an awesome build! I have read it from the beginning. I thought you had a cool idea. Then I saw the huge hole in the cab and I was like how is he going to fix that. I could just see a warped roof and back cab. You pulled it off. You made it look easy putting the new cab on. Still not sure I would try that myself but its one of those things you don't know until you try.

Before my Father in law passed away he wanted a built in desk and bookshelves on a 10' wall in his study. He asked if I could build it for him. I told him I had never built anything that big and he was a very picky man when it came to things looking right and done right. I gave it shot and low and behold it came out pretty good and I saved him about $6,000. He only spent $1,000. So you never know until you try.

Look forward to the rest of your build.
By the way, cool story on the built-in for your father- in-law. U r right. Just cause you never done something does not mean you can't, just that you haven't done it yet.
I figure all this stuff is "just steel".
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote