The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2015, 02:33 PM   #1
PLYONS11

Cpp tubular rear suspension #6372trs-k

Hey guys,

Been while since I have been on. I was working on finishing my basement over the winter but I'm just about ready to get back in the garage. Ill be in South Africa later this month, but plan on having a pile of parts waiting for me when I return. I have had a lot of time to think over the winter and decided that I am going to start with a rear end swap and coil spring conversion. I have mentioned this in a couple other posts but was not sure where I was going to start.

I have decided to use CPP's tubular rear end kit. For now I am going to keep the coil springs that come with the kit, but I will likely use Ride Tec bags in the future when I convert the front end. I have also all but given up on trying to find exactly what I want in a junk yard rear end. I am going to drop the coin and buy a Moser 12 bolt already set up for a 63 C10.

Has anyone out there used this kit from CPP? I get some conflicting info when I call them. Based on my research the 3/4t and 1/2t frame is the same, but one guy at CPP told me it was different and though this kit would work I would need to do some fabrication. I realize that converting to a coil spring I will need to buy/make a shock mount cross member and a track bar/panhard bar mount. Is there anything I am not thinking of? Is the frame the same? I have a 63 3/4 ton long bed GMC with leaf springs. The kit I am looking at ( http://www.classicperform.com/NewPro...ionPackage.htm ) comes with trailing arms, c-notch, trailing arm cross member, coils, shocks, and shock relocate kit. I will also be buying the tubular shock cross member, carrier bearing bracket for the 2 piece drive shaft, and a new carrier bearing. That will be paired to a moser 12 bolt that will come with stock perch mounts and such.
PLYONS11 is offline   Reply With Quote