The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2015, 03:44 PM   #1
cntryboy

Door Mechanism Question

1963 C-10

This truck is all original. My father in law has had it for 40 years. Three years ago, I had it painted, and the body shop repaired the front panels on the doors that always rust. In doing so, they apparently removed and re-installed the door latch mechanisms.

I immediately realized that I had to push the door handle down instead of up to open the door. No big deal. Someday I'll take the door panel off and flip whatever needs flipping. Someday was three years later.

Apparently, the links and the pieces the door handle attaches to were on the wrong side. The links attached above the door handles instead of below. Seems like an easy fix, I just switched sides with the mechanisms.

Now I pull the handle up to open the door. Except the door won't open. There is not enough stroke. I can pull the handle up as far as it will go, and have to give the latch another little pull to open the door. Same problem on both sides.

Any ideas? I can take it to the guy that did it, but three years later, I should pay.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

cntryboy is offline   Reply With Quote