The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2015, 04:13 AM   #1
jcd9730

Think I'm gonna have to sell my truck :(

After much deliberation, I think I am going to have to sell my truck. I simply don't have the time, I work full time and go to school full time, and my girlfriend would like to see me occasionally. I don't have space to have two cars, and my truck is also a salvage title. The title is also making me nervous. If I just drove it as is, it would be fine. But the problem is, its going to keep needing more stuff, and the more money I put in, the more risk I'm taking since I won't get anything at all in the event of a wreck or theft. Collector's isn't an option either, as I only have the truck, and no desire to have two cars. I kept it as a salvage because I intended to get a donor truck, and swap to that and have a clean title. But I wouldn't have time or space for years, and I don't really have the time for it now.

So I think I will be selling it soon. For reference, I paid 10k for it, and got 13k from insurance, so it's a good condition truck. My question is, what is it worth as a salvage? How do I sell it? Its fully roadworthy and registered, and its my current DD, and in pretty good shape. Needs paint, but I have plasitdip on it now (turned out pretty good). What's y'alls opinion on buying/selling a salvage title, how much would it hurt the price, and do you think I would have a hard time selling it?

72 C10, 350/2004r, Porter Steel Pacs, and 40+ years of leftovers from strange POs...
jcd9730 is offline   Reply With Quote