The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2015, 05:39 AM   #1
Larry S

Starting back on my project (vortec)

Hello. I haven't been on here in quiet some time. Pulled off the truck project for a while to build me a shop and get all my crap out of the basement. Shop is now complete and Im about ready to get back on the old truck. I have a 1969 c10 shortbed fleetside. It was originally a plain jane 6cyl 3 on the tree truck. I ended up buying a wrecked 1996 Silverado with a 5.7 vortec low milage from a good friend. I got all the harnesses, tranny, rearend. At this time Ive pulled the 6cyl out and have the vortec sitting in the frame on the 69. I relocated the gas tank to under the bed and installed a marker light fuel filler door. Ive replaced all floors, rockers, cab corners. The cab and front end has all body work done and in epoxy primer . I have a few questions concerning the swap. I plan to make this into a sweet ride but am more concerned with dependability than power. I don't know a lot about the computer engines, so any help is appreciated.

What is my best option for a fuel pump? Id rather not have it in the tank unless I just have to.
What is my best option for wiring? Should I use the factory 1996 harness or is it better to have one custom made for this application?
Larry S is offline   Reply With Quote