The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-25-2015, 12:18 PM   #1
Nohassle5

383/700R4 or Explore LS Swap for my 70 SWB

Hey Guys, Having a bit of an internal dilemma. I have to start off by saying, I知 not the wrench, but know enough to be dangerous. When we built this truck to keep the costs reasonable, I left the basic 327 and TH400 in place as it was completely functional and ran fine. We put AC, nice headers and a polished front runner kit to finish it out. While it won稚 set your hair on fire, it cruises fine.
Now that the build is done and operational, I知 wanting a little more response out of my right foot. I知 considering a Smeding 383 E series motor producing 420hp and a phoenix 700R4 OD tranny to mate to it. This is going to bring me up to about 8K in costs + Installation and gotchas. Seems like a fairly bullet proof option and reliable. Any reason I should explore an LS Swap option as I知 essentially just writing a check to get this done? There just seems to be so many pitfalls to getting them running and hooked up. Thoughts?
Nohassle5 is offline   Reply With Quote