The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2015, 11:22 PM   #11
In The Ten Ring

Re: Meet Homer (the motor home)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooperhw View Post
This may be rare in that it is really, really long. I think they started out with the longest long frame Chevy made/sold. at their factory they sliced in an additional 18" section. The wheelbase is now 176" long. In this case I believe rare does not equal good, nice, or cool.
if the factory only made a few of something it is usually only because they could not sell any more or they would have.
I do not see any special attraction to having a long flat bed. I don't need one. "Your truck do what you want to it. I'll do the same".
If you are interested in buying it and preserving the longest frame with a Chevy logo on it let me know. I am sure there are some other campers out there as well. I am just trying to take lemons and make lemonade.
Somebody didn't like the suggestion!

I belonged to a gun collection forum in which ANY talk of mod = immediate deletion and continued talk = banning. I see it both ways, it's your truck so it's your business but once all long wheel base trucks are gone, it'll be a sad world. How much would you have asked for her when the quote above was made?
In The Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote