The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-13-2015, 01:36 AM   #1
Earlthe3rd

1966 GMC Shortbox Stepside

Just picked up a mint condition, shiny, show quality, 66 shortstep GMC...
Cost me $2500.. which may sound expensive to some, but these trucks are few and far between up here in Canada; especially near any large city.

Its fairly complete, came with registration. Last time it was on the road was 1980.
Looked up the engine casting number and it appears that somebody swapped in a 235.

I'm 24 and don't have any significant experience working on older vehicles. For the most part I'll be figuring it out as I go; so if you follow along bear with me.

Also, to add some laughs to my project.. I live in an apartment building right outside of downtown Vancouver, BC. So most of the work I'll be doing on the truck will take place on the street outside my building, in my dark underground parking garage, or in any vacant lot I don't get kicked out of. It should be interesting!

Here are some photos of where the truck was sitting when I bought it. On a farm in an area called Agassiz.

Cheers.
Earl