The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #1
Obsidiansnow69

a little advice

I have a bit of an issue, and Im not sure where to go from here.

I took my truck into a shop for some work, had blowby, pretty heavy oil leak. Long story short, broken piston rings, needed rebuilt. I paid half up front on 4/1, was told 3 to 3 and a half weeks turn around. 3 weeks in i called to check up on it, got the usual "just waiting on one more part" will be done a couple days after it comes in...

Since then I've been calling twice a week, getting told every lie possible, even to the point where the excuses are starting to contradict each other. Getting very upset. This last Wednsday I get a call from the new manager of the shop, apparently they had some turn around in staff and the guy couldn't even find any paperwork on my situation when I called. He said the engine was at the machine shop waiting to be paid for and picked up, then put back together and since he talked to me and found out what the deal was, he was going to call them and get it picked up and paid for and that he would call me back.

2 days have gone by and I called, once again getting the run around, "we'll call you back in 30 when the guy working your truck gets back in" bs. Their response was they weren't able to get the engine wed due to an employee quitting and another one getting in a car accident, but that he thinks they went to get it yesterday.

Now, I have it from the guy they apparently outsourced the engine work to who called me without the shops knowledge that the engine has been machined and waiting at the machine shop since 4/23 for payment.

I'm not really sure where i should go now. Start legal action, get my truck back and pay the machine shop myself and have the outside mechanic finish the work?

Seeing as it's Friday I can't really get anything started til Monday, but boy do I need to vent this weekend and get my **** in order for a long Monday.
Obsidiansnow69 is offline   Reply With Quote