The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-2015, 12:03 AM   #1
67ChevNut

Question 69 TBI Conversion first start not happening!

Tried to start my TBI conversion 69 for the first time a week ago and it didn't work! I have replaced almost half of everything, including a warr performance tbi stand alone wire harness, new starter, new starter wire harness, new spark plugs, new spark plug wires, distributor, tried two new fuel pumps, new fuel filter, tried two different ecm's, all wire conections were done as required, etc.

There is no fuel in the carburater when I crank it, there is no spark at the spark plugs. I disconected the fuel line at the tank and there is no fuel coming out when I crank it. Now this is a brand new pump, the secoond one I buy. There is 12v going to the fuel pump, I used a tester already, before and after the conector. I also replaced the distributor because I was thinking it wasn't good. I took the spark module to have it tested at auto zone and they told me it works fine. I checked the pickup coil with the ohmeter and it says it is ok. The fuel pump relay clicks when you turn the key too. The fuel tank is almost full.

All grounds are properly connected, the engine almost wants to start, but with no spark and no fuel it is impossible. What am I missing here? I bought a conversion wire harness because I hate to mess with so many wires, but I tested all my conections with a tester already. I followed the instructions of the wire harness. There is 12v where is needed, to the battery, to the key on 12v, to the starter, fuel pump, the brake pedal. I can't believe two ecm's are bad, and that two new fuel pumps turned out to be bad too. I am winding it down to a bad wire stand alone harness, could that be possible? I am out of ideas, appreciate all replies, all help I can get.
67ChevNut is offline   Reply With Quote