The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2015, 11:02 PM   #1
matthamby

Grandpa's 70 C-10 Farm Truck

OK guys, I am new to the forum! So far I have learned a lot from reading posts.

My grandpa bought this truck in January of 1970, new, according to the original title he paid $1200 for it. It was used and worked hard! in the late 80's early 90's the "blown" engine was swapped for a 305 out of a car my uncle had. My grandpa replaced the front bumper with one he made after bending the original pushing down a tree that didn't fall and pinched the saw blade. Anyway, there is barely a straight piece of metal on it, just from use and making it do things it was obviously not intended to do.

When my grandma died, grandpa parked the truck and it didn't move for about 3 years. I asked him for it, he sold it to me for $100. I put a new battery and 5 gallons of gas, we primed the carb & it cranked and ran, despite the mud dobber nests all over the carb. That was about 10 years ago. I unfortunately have not had funds to work on it until lately. I have a friend who has been accumulating parts for me when he came across them. So far a 350, turbo 400 & power steering. Over the past few months I have gotten some rims and tires (2 of the old rims couldn't hold air) took me forever to find some that would fit without costing me a fortune. I also found a set of seats to use.

OK, so now to the pictures, in no particular order!

matthamby is offline   Reply With Quote