The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2015, 09:29 PM   #1
bigjason

New Member Texas

Been looking on the website for a few weeks combing through some interesting threads. Like other forums I am on, we all love pictures so here is my new toy.

I picked up this little project from a friend of mine who has owned it for about 17 yrs. He had a built stroker motor in it for a short time and chopped the original cab many years ago. The cab ended up getting replaced after a few failed attempts of trying to cut windshields down. Personally, I am glad it got ditched and back to a regular top.

He put the truck on air bags many years ago and as you can see it will not lay the frame but it is low enough for me, I have always been a static drop guy so this is a first in my court. Since the frame will not lay this gives me a sense of security in case of a system failure happening on the road.

Future plans are to do the dreaded SWB conversion and try and duplicate cutting the bed as another member recently posted by rolling the front edge instead of welding. This will be the fourth frame cut friends and I done over the years.. New upper and lower stainless will be added to the body lines and I am going to un-shave the handles and key locks along with the front marker lights (not seen in pics) The truck is complete and I worked the deal to include the big block. Still looking for a TH400.

Probably end up with a set of 20” wheels on all four corners.

This will be a slower build than my others but should be just as fun. Right cab corner and rocker has been replaced, just need to start on the left side.

bigjason is offline   Reply With Quote