The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #1
1leglance

70 Burb playing in Utah

I figured you guys might enjoy something other than tech questions or build threads...maybe a little dirt adventure to show that our rigs really do go out and play.

So time to tell a little tale of a recent trip, adventure, outing or overlandy thing...whatever we are calling car camping these days

The fun started at the 2015 S'now-verland Expo....this is an event held outside of Flagstaff, Arizona for folks who are interested in "overlanding" or really cool car camping. I had to be there to teach Adv GPS Nav and thank goodness that was under cover from the snow/rain/sleet. Good times really and an event we will all talk about for years.

Only see rainbows when conditions were right, so something good comes from all the wet.

[B]And as I was looking out my rig when I awoke Sat am all I could think was THANKS to everyone who complained about dusty, hot conditions in years past....jinx on us But at least with a fake leg I only get one soggy shoe !![/B]

Alas sunny Sunday arrived and after my last class I high tailed it to warm and sunny Utah!
One of my favorite things about rural area travel is all the small towns and what you find when you get OFF Main street.
Always fun rides to find in side lots.
I so wanted to find the owner of this to ask him to come out and play

I could of used this fellow to help with the fun in Flagstaff at OX15

Can you tell I love the old iron as my first thought when I saw this rig is that is would make a great desert traveling water hauler
1leglance is offline   Reply With Quote