The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-31-2015, 01:58 PM   #1
JMD

My 67 k20 Build

Been lurking around here for a couple of years, finally have the time and the funds to really start working on my project! I'm sure I'll have a lot of questions as this thing progresses, and this board looks like a great source of info. A good friend of mine built a very nice '66 c10, so this is my way of one-upping him I believe he's a member of this forum too, so I'm sure he'll be sticking his big ugly head in here to give me some crap sooner or later. He's been a huge help so far so I'll try not to rag on him too much.

The truck started out as a '67 k20 that was half way through a 454 swap. Turns out that 90% of the truck was junk and the only usable parts were the drive-train and the hood, everything else is being replaced.

Anyway, we picked up a '71 K10 frame from Kentucky that had been cut to a swb. I've always wanted a short bed truck, and I don't have a need or the space for a lwb at this point.

The frame was a sand blasted...

Also had some rust repaired under the rear drivers side leaf spring hanger...

I didn't trust the welds that the PO made when the frame was shortened, so that section of the frame was boxed...

And the whole thing was coated with Chassis Saver satin black.
JMD is offline   Reply With Quote