The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-02-2015, 08:53 PM   #11
markeb01
Senior Enthusiast

Re: Markeb01 Build Thread

I’ve thought about swapping out the brake fluid a few times, but I’m basically lazy and the effort needed to thoroughly clean out the old fluid is more work than I’m normally interested in investing.

My wife and I have been putting off a trip we both wanted to make for a while, pending health issues improving and getting the truck back in service as its much more fun to travel in that than our Honda jelly bean car.

So today we took a 150 mile round trip, visiting the resting place of Ruthann’s late mom and husband. From that viewpoint the journey was a complete success. We both enjoyed the time together, paying our respects, taking a few pictures, and reminiscing. Here’s a shot of the truck at the cemetery:

From a testing the truck standpoint, it wasn’t quite as productive. A few minutes into the trip I noticed the indicator needle on the new Sun Super Tach R wasn’t moving. It was stuck on 1800 rpms. After we stopped, the gauge was indicating normal functioning again, until it stopped moving at 2800 rpms. Again, after the truck was stopped and turned off the gauge fired up and worked normally until it again stopped moving at 2800 rpms once again!

So far I haven’t found any internet threads addressing this problem, so I’ll be going back to my old half sweep tach while I wait for a response from either Sunpro or Bosch on possible resolutions.

The second item on the testing schedule was the new GoPro camera. I made one major mistake which wiped out any viable results. I added a polarizing filter to the waterproof housing mainly for added protection to the lens. In the future, it may prove useful for hand held videos, but it is worthless in a vehicle. Since the polarizing filter is free to be rotated for preferred orientation, it is also free to rattle so loud it wipes out any other sounds or voices recorded. In addition, I didn’t really know what I was doing, so I inadvertently took one picture:

Yes that’s my hand in the upper left corner. I also wasted enough battery that I only recorded 17 minutes of the return trip, none of which is usable because of the incessant rattling of the filter! But none of that spoiled the trip. We had a great day, and I now have better data to work with. So I’ll make a few adjustments and try again.

Last edited by markeb01; 06-02-2015 at 09:14 PM.
markeb01 is offline   Reply With Quote