The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
mk3barti

2/4 drop installed

It is the deluxe 2/4 drop from Early Classics so it has the rear shock relocation brackets. The kit itself is fairly straightforward to install but there was 48 years of Saskatchewan roads to deal with so it took some extra time. I snapped a breaker bar and used a lot of heat and torque to get everything out. The rear coil retainers were rusted right to the coils and had to be replaced. I would recommend changing these anyways even though they do not come with the kit. I also snapped the rear rubber brake line by lifting the frame after it was disconnected from the rear end. That resulted in rebuilding half of the brake system and some delays finding parts. But on the good side I ended up going through the truck, cleaning the drive train and addressing some leaks.

The ride is not nearly as stiff as I was expecting. I am happy with the height as I originally planned to do the 4/6 but I think that would have been too much for the roads here. There is a noticeable improvement in handling but that was to be expected given the age of what I took out. I discovered 2 broken coils so when I get asked why I did all the work I can say it was for safety reasons.....

mk3barti is offline   Reply With Quote