The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2015, 12:03 PM   #17
Jonlopes

Re: The pain of returning a hood to Classic Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyfast View Post
I have been working in manufacturing industrial products for 18 years and all I can say to this is post is hahahaha.....In my job I deal a lot with manufacturers and every single one without exception has tons better quality from Chinese manufacturing than American Unions. it is valid that you will pay double the price for American made but the flip side is you will receive a lot worse quality. Just to clarify I mean manufactured goods and not small business or hand craft. Not trying to start a war but this perception is way out of date.
There are no wars starting just a group of guys sharing their opinions. If you ask 10 people you will probably end up with 11 different opinions.
I am just referring to the fact that the Chinese (or Tiwanese) made repops are made with thinner metal and not to the same standards as the American made units.

This time last year I was restoring a Jeep Jeepster and the repops for them were easily oem quality and made in America. Jeepsters were made from 1967 through 1973 and in all that time they only made about 60,000 of them. In the same years Chevy turned out close to 2 million C/K 10-20 trucks. There is just not enough demand for the Jeepster parts to be made overseas so they are made here in the USA. The parts cost about twice what they cost for the 67-72 Chevys but the quality is there. That is what I am hoping will eventually happen for us. If there is enough demand for a premium product it will eventually be made.

Last edited by Jonlopes; 06-04-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Jonlopes is offline   Reply With Quote